Man melting snow with blowtorch ignites home

A man using a blowtorch to melt ice on his back porch has ended up setting his house on fire, causing up to $30,000 in damage.The man was using a torch hooked up to a 20-pound propane cylinder. He got too close to the building’s wood frame and ignited the vinyl siding. The fire quickly spread into the building’s second- and third-floor apartments.
It took 25 firefighters to subdue the blaze that damaged bedrooms in the upstairs units, and caused damage to the structure and wiring.

Read more here: Mass. man melting snow with blowtorch ignites home